Linux 3.2: After resume screen only turned on after switching terminals

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jun 30 12:00:13 PDT 2012

Am Dienstag, den 26.06.2012, 07:42 +0200 schrieb Michel Dänzer:
> On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 21:14 +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:
> >
> > resuming from suspend to RAM the monitor was indicating by a blinking
> > LED that it did not receive any signal. This is the first time this
> > happened. Resuming from suspend to RAM had worked without problems
> > before (and probably will work again the next tries).
> >
> > Logging in from SSH worked fine though. Switching terminal to tty1
> > nothing changed but going back to tty7, where X was supposed to run),
> > and the monitor detected a signal and showed the screensaver.
> >
> > Switching to tty1 still does not work though, that means the monitor
> > indicates that it gets no signal.
>
> What about tty2-6 or any others?

It just happened again. tty2–6 also do not show anything.

> What does fbset -i say when the problem occurs?

I logged in over SSH not having switched the ttys yet. This is the
result.

        $ fbset -i

        mode "1280x1024"
            geometry 1280 1024 1280 1024 32
            timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
            accel true
            rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,0/0
        endmode

        Frame buffer device information:
            Name        : radeondrmfb
            Address     : 0xd0142000
            Size        : 5242880
            Type        : PACKED PIXELS
            Visual      : TRUECOLOR
            XPanStep    : 1
            YPanStep    : 1
            YWrapStep   : 0
            LineLength  : 5120
            Accelerator : No

This does not differ though after having switched between ttys and
getting a working X server again. The other ttys do not just show black.
When switching from tty7 with the X server running to a console(?) tty
then I shortly (half second) see some kind of test image, which contains
four horizontal colored stripes red, green, blue and white(?).

I could not find anything in the output of `dmesg`, but
`/var/log/syslog` contains several of the following lines.

        Jun 29 19:44:57 debian-host acpid: client 8677[0:0] has disconnected
        Jun 29 19:45:08 debian-host acpid: client connected from 8677[0:0]
        Jun 29 19:45:08 debian-host acpid: 1 client rule loaded

Thanks,

Paul