Include request for reset-rework branch v3

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at gmail.com
Tue May 1 21:04:09 PDT 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 12:00 AM,  <j.glisse at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok so i reread stuff and the :
> drm/radeon: add general purpose fence signaled callback
> is a big NAK actually. It change the paradigm. Moving most of
> the handling into the irq process which is something i am intimatly
> convinced we should avoid.
>
> Here is the patchset up to ib pool cleanup. I have yet rebase the
> other patches as i am tracking done some issue in the sa allocation.
>
> Cheers,
> Jerome

Before i forget, the big issue with doing work from irq handler is that
we never know in middle of what other part can be. I believe it's lot
better to have irq process only update fence (signaled/not signaled).
and have the actual work happening on behalf of the process wether
through sa alloc path or ttm path.

Cheers,
Jerome