r600: In Diablo III when the ground is covered in water, it's all messed-up.

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 9 23:57:34 PDT 2012

Dear Mike,

I have to remarks that unfortunately will not give a solution.

Am Mittwoch, den 09.05.2012, 20:17 -0500 schrieb Mike Mestnik:
> I found a rendering error in Diablo III, in a well there ground is
> covered in water and it's all red and flickers.
>
> http://c566453.r53.cf2.rackcdn.com/DiabloIII-well-wine-preloader.trace.xz 3.5G,
> 234665296 Bytes compressed ~234M.
>
> EE r600_shader.c:1605 r600_shader_from_tgsi - GPR limit exceeded -
> shader requires 181 registers
> EE r600_shader.c:140 r600_pipe_shader_create - translation from TGSI
> failed !
> Rendered 621 frames in 80.724 secs, average of 7.69288 fps

1. Please turn off line wrapping for paragraphs were you paste code.

2. I guess the developers need more information what your system set up
is. That means your distribution and the program versions you are
running.

Thanks and good luck,

Paul