Radeon monitor + hdmi TV regression between drm-core-next and drm-fixes

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Sun Nov 4 07:27:14 PST 2012

For the last 2 years when running a DVI 60Hz monitor with a radeon
HD4890 and a (native 50Hz) HDMI TV I've been able to boot/startx with
the TV off and then turn TV on and -

xrandr --output DVI-0 --auto

to bring up the the TV and get a clone of monitor.

This still works with drm-core-next but not with drm-fixes (todays or
from a few days ago).

With df I now loose the monitor with signal out of range when doing
above, the TV output is OK. To get the monitor back I need to turn off
TV, then off/auto the monitor.

xrandr --output DVI-0 --off
xrandr --output DVI-1 --off
xrandr --output DVI-1 --auto

The output from xrandr while the monitor is showing signal out of range
looks normal.

If I boot with the TV on it works OK.