[git pull] drm fixes

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Nov 28 12:35:32 PST 2012

[ Hmm. For some reason this seems to have never gone out, and was in
my drafts folder. If you get it twice, my bad ]

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:

> Doh!, yes I picked wrong place to generate report from, okay here is
> one corresponding to what you saw,

You should never even need to "pick" any place to generate the report from.

Just do something like

   git fetch upstream

(where "upstream" is a branch description for the upstream repository
- see "man git-remote" etc, although you can obviously always just
type out the whole repo details etc in full if you would want to).
Note the "fetch" - not pull - you just want to get it, not merge it.

Then you can just point git pull-request at the upstream, and git wll
figure out what the latest common point is. No need for you to
manually try to figure it out.

                   Linus