[GIT PULL v2] exynos-drm-next

Inki Dae inki.dae at samsung.com
Thu Nov 29 21:27:13 PST 2012

2012/11/29 Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch>

> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Inki Dae <daeinki at gmail.com> wrote:
> > - add sending AVI and AVI info frames.
> >   . this adds some codes for composing AVI and AUI info frames
> >     and send them every VSYNC for HDMI Certification.
>
> Imo we have a few too many avi infoframe implementations in the drm
> drivers already. It would be good to base this on top of Thierry
> Reding's rfc patches for some common infoframe helpers in the drm
> coder ...

I agree with you and also I think it's better to use common infoframe
helpers.
But Rahul'a patch set had been posted prior to the common infoframe helpers
so
first we could merge this patch and then change it to common infoframe
helpers
if this common helpers are merged.

Please give me any opinions. Anyway I think It doesn't matter first go or
later change.

Thanks,
Inki Dae

-Daniel