HDMI ELD info failed to extract occasionally

Jani Nikula jani.nikula at linux.intel.com
Fri Oct 5 08:10:10 PDT 2012

On Fri, 05 Oct 2012, "taiten987 at gmail.com" <taiten987 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I found a potential bug for i915 regarding to ELD parsing.
>
> I was trying to monitor ELD by watching "/proc/asound/card0/eld#3.0"
> and I realized that the ELD might failed to read from HDMI when AC
> power is not plugged.  This looks like a potential hardware or driver
> issue, does anyone aware of this?

Hi Taiten, that's a bit thin on the details. What's the exact difference
you see with AC vs. battery? Is there anything special in dmesg? If not,
how about when you enable drm.debug=0xe kernel parameter? Which kernel
version are you running?

> I am also looking for the right place to file the bug, please suggest.

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi
Product: DRI, Component: DRM/Intel

BR,
Jani.