pipe B assertion failure (expected off, current on)

Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch
Thu Oct 11 08:22:24 PDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:
> Let me know if you want ot have more details about these warnings.
> Otherwise I'll just keep ignoring them ;-)

The drm-intel-fixes branch from
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel has a patch to fix some
of the already reported WARNs. Note that the issue itself is really
old, it's just that the new i915.ko modeset code is really anal with
reporting even slight inconsistencies. And some of these WARNs even
brought some real bugs to the light.

If drm-intel-fixes doesn't get rid of them, please attach a complete
dmesg withd drm.debug=0xe added to your kernel cmdline. The dmesg
should include everything up to the first pile of WARNs.

Thanks, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation