drm i915 hangs on heavy io load

Tino Keitel tino.keitel at tikei.de
Mon Oct 29 00:17:15 PDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 21:32:53 +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>

> > so can you
> > please file a bug on bugzilla.freedesktop.org (or bugzilla.kernel.org)
> > so that we don't lose track of it.
>
> Will do when I'm back from the mountains.
>
> > If your have the option, can you switch the ddx between using SNA and
> > UXA.
>
> ??? Is that a BIOS option? Or kernel?
> I can try both.

It is an option in the Intel Xorg driver. What is actually used depends
on the options provided to the configure script during build time. You
can see the current state in nur Xorg.0.log.

Here is an example of /etc/X11/xorg.conf which enforces SNA:

Section "Device"
        Option     "AccelMethod" "SNA"
        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "intel"