[RFC 0/5] Generic panel framework

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com
Tue Oct 30 09:35:23 PDT 2012

Hi Zhou,

On Tuesday 04 September 2012 16:20:38 Zhou Zhu wrote:
> Hi Laurent,
>
> Basically I agree that we need a common panel framework. I just have
> some questions:
> 1.  I think we should add color format in videomode - if we use such
> common video mode structure shared across subsystems.
> In HDMI, colors are bind with timings tightly. We need a combined
> videomode with timing and color format together.

What kind of color formats do you have in mind ?

> 2. I think we should add "set_videomode" interface. It helps HDMI
> monitors to set EDIDs.

For panels that support several video modes, sure, we need a way to set the
video mode. I don't have access to any such panel though, that's why the
operation has been left out. It wouldn't be difficult to add it when a real
use case will come up.

What do you mean exactly about HDMI monitors setting EDID ?

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart