Intel Medfield/gen3 video overlay drm_plane code

Ville Syrjälä ville.syrjala at linux.intel.com
Thu Sep 13 03:30:28 PDT 2012

During the atomic pageflip discussions I mentioned that I have some
video overlay code for Medfield. Well, here it is, in case someone is
interested.

I believe it should be fairly easy to adapt it for "normal" gen3
hardware. I suppose someone might want to use it in the gma driver
too.

I replaced some memory management related function calls with comments,
since the function calls were only applicable for the specific kernel we
used for Medfield.

It has the hooks for the drm_flip stuff, which was used for atomic
page flip stuff. The atomic pageflip stuff was implemented rather
crudely since I simply made the update_plane() hook arm the overlay
as it were, and a subsequent primary plane page flip was needed to
trigger the update.

There's also some plane_opts stuff that I proposed way back when. That
stuff should these days be handled via plane properties. I also included
the fixed point sin/cos implementation I cooked up for calculating the
hue adjustments.

So perhaps there's someone with a gen3 hardware and too much time on their
hands who would like to poke at this...

--
Ville Syrjälä
Intel OTC