UVD fails to init on rv790

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Wed Apr 3 06:37:00 PDT 2013

Christian König wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> crap! I feared that something like this would happen. IIRC we never
> tested UVD on an rv790, and this hardware isn't easy to get any more.
>
> RV770/RV790 have a separate UVD hardware generation (that's why they
> have their own firmware) and there possible is some bug or something
> like this that we haven't implemented. You couldn't give me SSH access
> to that system?

I can if you still need it this evening.

My stupid ISP has taken to blocking lots of things for their home users
like git:// svn and nntp and I suspect it maybe the same for ssh.

The blocks are lifted at 20:00 local time (19:00 UTC) so I can mail you
off list around then.

In the meantime I'll remember how to use iptables :-) and also repeat
UVD patching/testing on a different boot in case I messed up.