UVD fails to init on rv790

Dieter Nützel dieter at nuetzel-hh.de
Wed Apr 3 13:45:55 PDT 2013

Am 2013-04-03 15:21, schrieb Alex Deucher:
> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 7:29 AM, Christian König
> <deathsimple at vodafone.de> wrote:
>> Hi Andy,
>>
>> crap! I feared that something like this would happen. IIRC we never
>> tested
>> UVD on an rv790, and this hardware isn't easy to get any more.
>>
>> RV770/RV790 have a separate UVD hardware generation (that's why they
>> have
>> their own firmware) and there possible is some bug or something like
>> this
>> that we haven't implemented. You couldn't give me SSH access to that
>> system?
>
> I tested on an RV770 earlier in development and it was working ok at
> the time I think.  I'll give it another try today.
>
> Alex

Hello Alex,

time goes by so fast --- wife, home, 2 children...

but what do I need:
I'll test it on my 2 HD4650/RV730 AGP (!) low speed Duron and dual
Athlon MP.

git:// drm-fixes kernel
git:// mesa
patches

R700_rlc.bin
RV710_uvd.bin

BTW Any hints for libvdpau_r600.so.1.0.0?
I get wrong colors (red is like blue, blue is like yellow, etc.)

Thank you very much for all your GREAT work!
UVD - What a big day!

Regards,
   Dieter

--
The Voodoo5 5000 Dieter...-)
Anyone want's it? - I have the original package etc.