[v3.8 Regression] Merge tag 'v3.7-rc2' into drm-intel-next-queued

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Wed Apr 3 12:08:16 PDT 2013

Hi Daniel,

A bug was opened against the Ubuntu kernel[0].  After a kernel bisect,
it was found the following was the first bad commit:

commit c2fb7916927e989ea424e61ce5fe617e54878827
Merge: 29de6ce 6f0c058
Author: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch>
Date:   Mon Oct 22 14:34:51 2012 +0200

     Merge tag 'v3.7-rc2' into drm-intel-next-queued

The regression was introduced as of v3.8-rc1.  However, further testing
also shows this bug is now fixed in v3.9-rc4.

I see that you are the author of this patch, so I wanted see if I can
get your feedback.  Do you happen to have an idea what may have fixed
this in v3.9-rc4, so we can send a request to stable, if not already
done?  Otherwise, I can perform a reverse bisect to see which commit
fixed this.

Thanks,

Joe

[0] http://pad.lv/1109309