UVD status on loongson 3a platform

Dieter Nützel dieter at nuetzel-hh.de
Fri Apr 19 15:01:06 PDT 2013

Am 2013-04-19 10:51, schrieb Chen Jie:
> Hi all,
>
> Recently, the uvd supporting is released, and we've tried it on
> loongson 3a platform.
> Brief introduction about loongson 3a, it's a MIPS III compatible, 4
> cores processor.
>
> More details about the platform [1]:
> * The Board: RS780E + SB710 chipset, with an AMD radeon HD6570 video
> card
> * The kernel is 64bits(n64 ABI), and the userland is 32bits(o32 ABI)
> * OS: LOonux 3.3.6 [2] + LTP-uvd-installer-20130419.bin [3]
> ** kernel: 3.9 + uvd related patches
> ** mesa: git master version (d0e9aa)

Are you guys interested in OpenCL (on your platform)?
OpenCV (one of the basis for digikam for example) has some support for
Nvidia and now AMD. It is under development by Institute Of Software
Chinese Academy Of Science.
AFDS 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhIuSShTO0g

Even the next big Gimp version (2.10) should be accelerated by OpenCL
through GEGL.

Wouldn't it be cool to have OSS OpenCL even for 'smaller' sized gfx
cards from AMD?
You are a hardware shop so maybe your demand is it AMD worth to have
something around?

Regards,
Dieter

PS Here comes something about Nvidia's other collaboration...
http://www.h-online.com/open/features/Kernel-comment-Bad-show-NVIDIA-1845899.html