drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_acpi.c:420: undefined reference to `acpi_video_get_edid'

Borislav Petkov bp at alien8.de
Mon Feb 4 07:23:44 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm guessing someone has already triggered this on latest Linus' tree
and has a fix?

drivers/built-in.o: In function `nouveau_acpi_edid':
/w/kernel/linux/drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_acpi.c:420: undefined reference to `acpi_video_get_edid'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

Btw, I got CONFIG_ACPI_VIDEO=m while CONFIG_DRM_NOUVEAU=y and this is
probably the reason for the vmlinux link error.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.