[RFC v2 0/5] Common Display Framework

Tomi Valkeinen tomi.valkeinen at ti.com
Fri Feb 8 02:51:14 PST 2013

On 2013-02-04 12:05, Marcus Lorentzon wrote:

> As discussed at FOSDEM I will give DSI bus with full feature set a
> try.

Please do, but as a reminder I want to raise the issues I see with a DSI
bus:

- A device can be a child of only one bus. So if DSI is used only for
video, the device is a child of, say, i2c bus, and thus there's no DSI
bus. How to configure and use DSI in this case?

- If DSI is used for both control and video, we have two separate APIs
for the bus. What I mean here is that for the video-only case above, we
need a video-only-API for DSI. This API should contain all necessary
methods to configure DSI. But we need similar methods for the control
API also.

So, I hope you come up with some solution for this, but as I see it,
it's easily the most simple and clear option to have one video_source
style entity for the DSI bus itself, which is used for both control and
video.

 Tomi