Multiple parents in device driver model and Common Display Framework (CDF)

Marcus Lorentzon marcus.lorentzon at linaro.org
Tue Feb 12 14:20:04 PST 2013

Den 12 feb 2013 23:02 skrev "Greg KH" <gregkh at linuxfoundation.org>:

> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 04:04:53PM +0100, Marcus Lorentzon wrote:
> > 3) Daniel V hinted that multiple parents (or multiple busses) is
> > something that has been discussed as a limitation of device driver
> > model before. And that maybe now was the time to fix that or at
> > least sort out how to handle it.
>
> No, it's the other way around, we have discussed ways about having
> multiple drivers control a single device at the same time.  The
> "multiple parents" issue has come up a number of times with the power
> management people, but they solved this by keeping a separate tree of
> how to properly control and walk things to handle power domains and the
> like.

Thanks,
does this mean there are no other devices in the kernel that sit on
multiple busses that can be use as inspiration?
Was the discussion about handling one device from multiple drivers
concluded/implemented? It sounds very much what we are trying to do? Or
this was just some f2f discussion?

BR
Marcus Mobile