Multiple parents in device driver model and Common Display Framework (CDF)

Greg KH gregkh at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Feb 12 14:02:09 PST 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 04:04:53PM +0100, Marcus Lorentzon wrote:
> 3) Daniel V hinted that multiple parents (or multiple busses) is
> something that has been discussed as a limitation of device driver
> model before. And that maybe now was the time to fix that or at
> least sort out how to handle it.

No, it's the other way around, we have discussed ways about having
multiple drivers control a single device at the same time.  The
"multiple parents" issue has come up a number of times with the power
management people, but they solved this by keeping a separate tree of
how to properly control and walk things to handle power domains and the
like.

sorry,

greg k-h