[Linaro-mm-sig] CDF discussions at FOSDEM

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Tue Jan 29 03:47:16 PST 2013

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 12:27:15PM +0100, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Monday 21 January 2013 13:43:27 Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> >
> > I've sent a mail to the FOSDEM organizers to request a hacking room for a
> > couple of hours Sunday. I'll let you know as soon as I get a reply.
>
> Just a quick follow-up. I've received information from the FOSDEM staff, there
> will be hacking rooms that can be reserved (on-site only) for 1h slots. They
> unfortunately won't have projectors, as they're not meant for talks.
>
> Another option would be to start early on Saturday, the X.org room is reported
> as beeing free from 9am to 11am.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Laurent Pinchart

As the organizer of the X.org devroom, i would have to state that the
latter is impossible. I tend to do a bit of room set-up, like put in
some power bars (a limited amount this year, as i only have been given
one day and it simply is not worth putting in the cabling for 100
sockets, and dragging all that kit over from Nuremberg, for just a
single day) and some other things. I need one hour at least for that on
saturday morning.

DevRooms are also not supposed to open before 11:00 (which is already a
massive improvement over 2011 and the years before, where i was happy
to be able to put the cabling in at 12:00), and i tend to first get a
nod of approval from the on-site devrooms supervisor before i go in and
set up the room.

So use the hackingroom this year. Things will hopefully be better next
year.

Luc Verhaegen.