[git pull] fbcon locking fixes.

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Wed Jan 30 03:59:22 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Maarten Lankhorst
<maarten.lankhorst at canonical.com> wrote:
>> There was a path going into set_con2fb_path if an fb driver was
>> already registered, I just pushed the locking out further on anyone
>> going in there.
>>
>> it boots on my EFI macbook here.
>>
> I cherry picked those patches to my tree, and the full series no longer triggers a lockdep warning.
> It also no longer locks up during modprobing or vga-switcheroo either.
>
> Tested-by: Maarten Lankhorst <maarten.lankhorst at canonical.com>

QA reported spurious failures in some kms_flip tests and lockdep
splats, somehow both are fixed with the locking. I'm a bit confused
how these issues could cause failures in the flip tests, but alas:

Tested-by: Lu Hua <huax.lu at intel.com> (for all three patches).
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation