Bug report for Radeon HD 7870

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Thu Jul 4 00:25:20 PDT 2013

On Don, 2013-07-04 at 00:51 +0200, Andrej Gelenberg wrote:

> i have an Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition graphic card and at finnaly got
> some 3D and VDPAU acceleration with kernel 3.10, mesa 9.2 from
> 19.6.2013 and glamor accelerations, but it carsh a lot. I attached
> dmesg witch hopefully helpful error messages and X.org.log.

If you aren't using current upstream Git of glamor and xf86-video-ati
yet, does that help for the crashes seen in Xorg.0.log?

Do the GPU VM protection faults and lockups seen in dmesg happen when
you do anything in particular?

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com