[Intel-gfx] linux-next: Tree for Jul 25 [ call-trace: drm | drm-intel related? ]

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Fri Jul 26 00:26:46 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 09:15:14AM +0200, Sedat Dilek wrote:
> For example: I could start my X with even doing ugly hacks like this...
>
> [ intel-ddx (git) ]
> Bool intel_uxa_create_screen_resources(ScreenPtr screen)
> #if 0
> 	if (drm_intel_gem_bo_map_gtt(bo))
> 		return FALSE;
> #endif
>
> ...with any other kernel.

Yes. Acquiring the map there is just a bit of paranoia to ensure we
having the mapping into the scanout already in place in case of
emergencies (and so don't fail along failure paths due to resource
conflicts).

Hmm, though we only started checking for map failures in 2.20.10 - which
would explain why going back to the older ddx masks the issue. And yes,
this means we do require a kernel bisect - or some passing inspiron.
-Chris