New prototype computer problem with S3 suspend

Aaron Lu aaron.lwe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 18:17:26 PDT 2013

On 06/07/2013 02:11 AM, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are working on an Intel Atom-based embedded PC and I have to
> make suspend-to-RAM work but I can't seem to succeed.
>
> The symptom is that quite often, the machine resumes immediately
> after pm-suspend. Sometimes more than 20 times out of 50 attempts.

Can you please file a bug about this?
https://bugzilla.kernel.org

> I have tried 3.7.10, 3.9.4, 3.10-rc[234] and the linux-next branch from the
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm.git repository.
> The attached dmesg is from today's linux-pm/linux-next plus the
> latest drm-fixes patchset posted by Dave Airlie.
>
> I have tried disabling wakeup devices via /proc/acpi/wakeup and via sysfs files.
> (/sys/devices/.../wakeup)

>From the dmesg, the following three devices are still armed with wakeup
capability and might be the cause:

i8042 kbd 00:03: System wakeup enabled by ACPI
PM: suspend of devices complete after 578.883 msecs
PM: late suspend of devices complete after 0.279 msecs
pcieport 0000:00:1c.1: System wakeup enabled by ACPI
ehci-pci 0000:00:1d.7: System wakeup enabled by ACPI
PM: noirq suspend of devices complete after 31.946 msecs

Anyway, please file a bug there, thanks.

-Aaron