[3.9-rc1] irq 16: nobody cared (was [3.9-rc1] very poor interrupt responses)

Jiri Kosina jkosina at suse.cz
Fri Mar 15 06:33:13 PDT 2013

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013, Harald Arnesen wrote:

> I have the same problem on my Lenovo T500. I think the graphics card is
> involved.
>
> This laptop has "hybrid graphics" - one Intel GMA 4500MHD and one ATI
> Mobility Radeon HD 3650. When I boot with the Intel card, I get "irq 16:
> nobody cared" during boot, not when I boot with the ATI card.

Confirming this. After a lot of hassle, I have bisected this reliably to

	commit 28c70f162a315bdcfbe0bf940a740ef8bfb918d6
	Author: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch>
	Date:   Sat Dec 1 13:53:45 2012 +0100

	    drm/i915: use the gmbus irq for waits

Adding Daniel, Imre and Daniel to CC while I will try to figure out what's
happening in parallel.

Attaching dmesg.txt from the machine with 28c70f162a as head, with
drm.debug=0xe.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs