gma500: display displaced vertically by a few lines

Holger Schurig holgerschurig at gmail.com
Tue May 14 06:07:02 PDT 2013

Patrick, have a

Tested-by: Holger Schurig <holgerschurig at gmail.com>

for this.

As for your suggestion:

> though I recommend you use the modesetting driver because you get
> a hardware accelerated cursor.

The current Debian Wheezy xserver-xorg doesn't autoload the
modesettings X11 driver. And I haven't found out how to manually load
that driver ...   also, there is about zilch documentation on that
driver available, also the error messages in the Xorg.0.log don't help
in any way. So, all in all this is too much hassle.

So I'll wait until support for that comes in up Debian SID a.k.a.
Unstable. I actually don't care about an "accelerated cursor" at all.
I don't perceive the mouse cursor (or the text cursor in rxvt-unicode)
to be "slow", so there's not much reason (for me!) in accellerating it
in the first place.