KMS/radeon regression: failure to set modes on CEDAR & TAHITI; v3.11 vs 3.12-rc5/rc7

Robin H. Johnson robbat2 at gentoo.org
Wed Nov 6 09:48:55 PST 2013

On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 12:16:31PM -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2 at gentoo.org> wrote:
> > (Resending to dri-devel because the first one didn't make it).
> >
> > I apologize for not sending this sooner, but I wanted to be really sure that I
> > wasn't introducing the bug elsewhere, and I was lacking time to even narrow it
> > down this far.
> >
> > TL;DR:
> > 3.11 kernel does proper modeset for dual 1920x1200 outputs
> > 3.12-rc5/rc7 kernel fails to do proper modeset, blank screen after radeon loaded
> Can you bisect?
I have the next step in the bisect prepared (taking an educated guess
and deciding that rc1 was probably also bad, because the changes after
rc1 were minimal), but this is my primary box for getting work done; so
I haven't rebooted since writing my email and preparing that next
kernel.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at gentoo.org
GnuPG FP   : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85