[Mesa-dev] rules for merging patches to libdrm

Martin Peres martin.peres at free.fr
Tue Nov 19 07:14:38 PST 2013

Le 19/11/2013 16:04, Christian König a écrit :
> So I think the very first step should be to publish everything on the
> appropriate lists, and not try an approach like releasing the kernel
> code first and waiting for it to show up upstream and then try to
> release the userspace code build on top of it.

Sure, that's why we have private repos and mailing lists.

Steps would be:
- Make a mergeable working prototype you are satisfied with
- Publish all the parts as private repos
- Request for comments and go to step 0 until everyone is satisfied
- Merge it in the kernel, then libdrm, then ddx and mesa

This is pretty much what everyone does already, so I agree with Jerome
here, No need for a maintainer here as long as people remember that.
Thanks Dave for spotting this bad behaviour and reminding us of the rule.

Martin