[RFCv1 11/12] drm: Atomic modeset ioctl

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Mon Oct 7 19:56:02 CEST 2013

On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 11:20:54AM -0400, Rob Clark wrote:
> yeah, current atomic patch is almost an afterthought in this series.
> I still need to get planes working on msm and find some test code (I
> guess you have some somewhere?)..  so other than just rebasing it
> enough to compile, I didn't really spend any time on it yet.  Right
> now I was more interested in getting folks to have a look at the
> atomic funcs and helpers.

One in-kernel test user we have is the fbdev restore code - it needs to
get rid of all planes, cursors and set up its new config on all crtcs. I
think this would be a fairly nice (albeit really basic testcase): You can
set up a bunch of planes/cursors, then vt-switch to the fbcon - this way
we can exercise the atomic stuff in drivers a bit better even without
needing to add any ioctl.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter