i915 driver fails on i686 userspace + x86_64 kernel

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Tue Oct 15 17:12:24 CEST 2013

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 15:00:04 +0100
Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 12:40:10AM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> > I won't see that system until Tuesday.  I'll give you the
> > information you ask, I'm just trying to understand the debugging
> > data I have already.
>
> I've just double checked that an i386 Xserver runs with an x86-64
> kernel here.

That's very interesting.  Then I was barking up the wrong tree.  It's
not the pointer passing per se, it's more like memory corruption or some
other weird stuff.

 I think a full dmesg and Xorg.0.log may help unravel the
> mystery of what is failing on your machine.

Attached.  Fresh git master for the kernel and xf86-video-intel.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin