How to change radeon power state

Daniel Mota Leite daniel at motaleite.net
Sun Oct 20 04:15:48 CEST 2013

On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 21:09:31 -0400, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 8:36 PM, Daniel Mota Leite
> <daniel at motaleite.net> wrote:
> > [   12.359671] == power state 1 ==
> > [   12.359726]  ui class: performance
> > [   12.359824]  internal class: ovrdrv
(...)
> > [   12.360442] == power state 2 ==
> > [   12.360497]  ui class: none
> > [   12.360594]  internal class: none
(...)
> >         As you can see, the driver choose the performance profile, but
> > that one is limited to 400MHz, half of what this card can do. Of
> > course i want to be able jump the GPU to 800MHz. So is there any easy
> > way to choose the power state 2 instead of power state 1?
> We'll probably need to add a quirk for your card.  Can you send me the
> output of lspci -vnn for the GPU?

	Please note that the original card firmware had all powerstates
the same, i had used rbe (http://www.techpowerup.com/rbe/) to change then
to the current frequencies. In that app, the powerstate 1 is called
battery and the powerstate 2 is called performance.

	I can switch the two and reflash, but to me seems logic that one
can manually choose what powerstate to use if needed, just like the
powerlevels (excluding the middle powerlevel problem)

	Here is the output:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RV 630 XT AGP [Radeon HD 2600 XT AGP] [1002:9586] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
	Subsystem: PC Partner Limited Device [174b:0028]
	Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 16
	Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
	I/O ports at e000 [size=256]
	Memory at fbf00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
	Expansion ROM at fbe00000 [disabled] [size=128K]
	Capabilities: [58] AGP version 3.0
	Kernel driver in use: radeon

Thanks in advance.
higuita
--
Naturally the common people don't want war... but after all it is the
leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a