HPD flood warning since b8f102e8b

Egbert Eich eich at suse.com
Mon Oct 21 18:46:56 CEST 2013

Hi Jiri,

Just found your email, it got missed do to a temporary inaccessibility to
my email.

Jiri Kosina writes:
 > On Thu, 3 Oct 2013, Daniel Vetter wrote:
 >
 > > Can you please attach full dmesg from boot up to the first WARN with
 > > drm.debug=0xe? This really shouldn't happen and indicates a bug
 > > somewhere ...
 >
 > A bit difficult ... I originally thought that it was reliably
 > reproducible, but now I didn't get it after 10 suspend/resume cycles. Will
 > keep following it, and once it appears, will send you the dmesg.

Could you check if you get any messages regarding HPD storms after
suspend/resume ie messages like:
"[drm] HPD interrupt storm detected on connector HDMI-A-1"
but without the annouing warn messages?

I cannot find anything obviously wrong in the code.
However there are several code paths for different hardware though - could
you give me an 'lspci -n' output so I can narrow them down?

Thanks!
Cheers,
	Egbert.