endianness of rlc buffers (SI)

Sylvain BERTRAND sylware at legeek.net
Tue Oct 22 13:43:00 CEST 2013

>> commit 555b1b651acf44bf27ebbb04235d38a8fd2d58dc (drm-fixes-3.12)
>>
>> evergreen.c, SI code path, line 4045 and 4046 shouldn't be swapped?
>> Should cpu_to_le32 be used?
>>
>> Basically, is the endianness enforcement right for the rlc BOs?
>> Or is there a bit somewhere to switch the RLC to host
>> endianness? Or the kmap is swapping dwords?
>
> The rlc buffers should be little endian.  They will need to be swapped
> on big endian systems.

Right, then cpu_to_le32 should be used.

Still for endianness, upper dword is written first (line 4045) and
lower dword is written second (line 4046): Should the lower dword be
written first then second the upper dword if we want little endian?
Or maybe in that specific case, the rlc expect the upper dword first?

--
Sylvain