How to change radeon power state

daniel at motaleite.net daniel at motaleite.net
Thu Oct 24 19:40:41 CEST 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 05:36:18PM -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM, Daniel Mota Leite
> > to the current frequencies. In that app, the powerstate 1 is called
> > battery and the powerstate 2 is called performance.
> >
> >         I can switch the two and reflash, but to me seems logic that one
> > can manually choose what powerstate to use if needed, just like the
> > powerlevels (excluding the middle powerlevel problem)
>
> You'll need to fix the power state to be flagged as performance.

	Ok, i didn't do that already because the different powerstate names
that the rbe and the dpm read from the firmware (battery and performance vs
performance and "none" for powerstate 1 and 2 respectively ). Please note
that i can change the powerstate values, but not their names.

	Can this be a bug in reading the powerstates? if not, i will reflash
the firmware.

	Also, how about que question about the middle power level? how to
force it? low and high works, but mid or middle do not.

Thanks again

higuita