[git pull] drm fixes

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Sep 2 09:53:04 PDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM, Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 04:02:16PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>> Hmm. I just updated my machine to a i7-4770S (kept everything else the
>> same, just switched out motherboards), and now when my display goes to
>> sleep, it seems to never come back.
>
> Sleep as in dpms off ($ xset dpms force off) or sleep as in system
> suspend?

Just dpms off.

> Aside hsw hdmi ports support 300MHz dotclocks, but still only single-link.
> So I guess your dvi screen is still out of luck since it likely wants a
> dual-link dvi signal. But if you have a hdmi port it should work a bit
> better (hdmi pumped up the max dotclock a bit already a while ago ...).

Well, with DP everything works without playing with refresh rates, and
dpms off works too.

So it's DVI-specific (I haven't tested an actual hdmi cable, I don't
think I have any around), and it also happens even if I *don't* set
odd refresh rates. But if others haven't seen it, it's probably not
universal, I can't imagine that I'm the only one still using DVI
(well, up until yesterday).

This is a bog-standard micro-atx Intel motherboard: DH87RL with a
i7-4770S CPU. Everything else seems to be just peachy.

                 Linus