linus-next: update to the drm-intel-fixes tree

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Tue Sep 3 16:45:41 PDT 2013

Hi Daniel,

This morning after fetching the drm-intel-fixes tree, I have discovered
that you have just added a whole set of patches on top of Dave's drm tree
and made that the drm-intel-fixes tree.  I understood that this tree was
for fixes to Linus' tree for the current release cycle.  Given that
Dave's tree has not been merged by Linus (yet), this is a bit
inconsistent.  Not only that, but now if I merge your tree early (which
is what I do with the -fixes trees), I will also merge all of Dave's
tree.  That in turn would mean that I would have missed the (what would
have been automatically applied) merge for I am carrying for Dave's
tree.  :-(

I am going to have to drop your -fixes tree for today.

If these are fixes for stuff in Linus' tree, then they should have been
based on Linus' tree - if they are fixes for Dave's tree, then they
should have been in your drm-intel tree, right?

(fetches more trees ...)
And now, I discover that they are the latter :-)

So your -fixes tree will be dropped, but all those patches will still be
merged via you drm-intel tree.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au