[Bug 64201] OpenCL usage result segmentation fault on r600g with HD6850.

bugzilla-daemon at freedesktop.org bugzilla-daemon at freedesktop.org
Sun Sep 8 20:37:22 PDT 2013


--- Comment #45 from Aaron Watry <awatry at gmail.com> ---
(In reply to comment #43)
> I patched llvm with
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20130812/184089.
> html
> using
> patch -N -p1 -i p2.patch
> But still got lock-ups.
> Any hints? :/

I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu 3.04 64bit on an Athlon 64 with a radeonsi

I did a checkout of LLVM/clang master and applied only the following patch:

Without that patch, libclc won't currently build for the radeonsi target.

Along with that I checked out git copies of Mesa, drm, and libclc.  I upgraded
the kernel to 3.11 from the Ubuntu mainline ppa, but I didn't enable dpm
(machine wouldn't boot with it enabled, and I was too busy to debug that).

With this done and all of the aforementioned packages compiled and installed to
/usr/local, I have been running 'bfgminer -v1 --benchmark' without a single
lockup for 20 minutes now on a radeonsi 6850 that used to exhibit the same lock
ups that we have been discussing, and which also seem to have been cured on the
5400 card I was esting on before.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/attachments/20130909/f8c6d900/attachment.html>

More information about the dri-devel mailing list