[GIT PULL] exynos-drm-next

Inki Dae inki.dae at samsung.com
Fri Apr 4 00:48:31 PDT 2014

No, the email was just ping. My original RFC patch series had been posted
March 3, about 1 month ago, And for my official patch series, eight days
ago.
So the email I sent three days ago was just a ping that I requested for you
to review the patch series.

> them. I would like to be able to review all the patches straight after
> them being posted, but unfortunately that's not the only thing I have to
> do.

So I think there was no any comments from you for a long time.

> Anyway, a common practice in open source world is to let the patches wait
> on the mailing lists for two weeks for people to find some time to review
> them and only then apply. There might be people that don't work full time
> on this area, but still would be interested to do a review in some free
> time.
>
> Also, neither version of this series have been posted to linux-samsung-soc
> mailing list, which is also a key to have a broader review. Note that this
> ML is listed in MAINTAINERS file for all kernel files with "exynos" in
> name.
>
> ARM/S5P EXYNOS ARM ARCHITECTURES
> M:      Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim at samsung.com>
> L:      linux-arm-kernel at lists.infradead.org (moderated for
non-subscribers)
> L:      linux-samsung-soc at vger.kernel.org (moderated for non-subscribers)
> S:      Maintained
> F:      arch/arm/mach-s5p*/
> F:      arch/arm/mach-exynos*/
> N:      exynos
>

> > And I think super node concept was already accepted, and relevant
> > codes, component framework, has already been merged to mainline. And
> > Linux staging next has already such dt bindings. Please see imx dts
> files.
>
> Yes, they are, but for other platforms not this particular instance.
>
> Any new DT bindings introduced are needed to have an ACK from one of DT
> maintainers to be merged, unless you can't get any reply from any of them
> for a longer time, usually 3 weeks from posting the series to be applied.

So should I wait for more times?

> Of course standard pinging rules apply, so you should ping DT maintainers
> first before applying such series.

The email I sent to you three days ago was that.

Thanks,
Inki Dae