[RFC 0/3] TTM priority queue logic

Lauri Kasanen cand at gmx.com
Mon Apr 7 07:39:08 PDT 2014

On Mon, 07 Apr 2014 14:25:28 +0200
Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom at vmware.com> wrote:

> Hi, Lauri.
>
> On 04/04/2014 03:52 PM, Lauri Kasanen wrote:
> > Hi list, Thomas,
> >
> > I'd like to know if this is going in the right direction.
>
> This looks fine with me.
>
> However, if possible I'd like the drivers to enable both alloc_threshold
> and priority queue on a per-memory-type basis.
>
> That would mean no new arguments (use_pqueue, alloc_threshold) in
> ttm_bo_device_init(). Instead, set default values in
> ttm_bo_init_mm(), and let the driver change them in the init_mem_type()
> callback.
>
> Do you think that would work?

Thanks for the review.

Alloc_threshold was removed, and the current patch (in drm-next)
replaced it with a placement flag. So now that logic is in the driver.

Making the pqueue a per-type option would certainly work, I'll edit it
to do so. I don't see why it would improve GTT or SYSTEM given their
perf characteristics, but I suppose future devices can always do weird
things.

- Lauri