WARNING ... drivers/gpu/drm/ttm/ttm_bo_vm.c...

David Herrmann dh.herrmann at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 11:54:58 PDT 2014

Hi Thomas

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 7:11 AM, Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom at vmware.com> wrote:
> Hi, David,
>
> Are there any dev_mapping changes in 3.15 that could cause this?
> Do we know what happens to vma->vm_file->f_mapping during fork?

Sorry, I was traveling. Yes, there have been changes, but I converted
all drivers properly. We now set file->f_mapping in drm_fops.c to
dev->anon_inode->i_mapping during open(). All the ttm stuff now sets
ttm->dev_mapping to the same during ttm init so I have no idea why
that assertion fails. The vmwgfx driver sets it correctly in
vmw_driver_load() and I cannot find any code changing it.

I also cannot reproduce it. Can you provide some more information?
Like what is vma->vm_file set to? What is ttm->dev_mapping? What is
drm_device->anon_inode->i_mapping? What is
&drm_device->anon_inode->i_data? All these should _always_ be the
same.

Btw., grep'ping for '_mapping' usually shows all related code, which I
reviewed and all looks good.

Thanks
David