Possible fb ref count issue with drm_plane_force_disable()

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Tue Apr 15 14:57:42 PDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Rob Clark <robdclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> so, what triggers this is that previously drm_framebuffer_remove() did
> not process private planes.  But now the fb shows up attached to a
> plane as well, the crtc's primary plane.

That shouldn're really matter - if we have the fb assigned as the
primary plane then the set_config_internal should clear
crtc->primary->fb. Which means in the next loop (where we go over all
planes) we won't look at it again. Or at least this is how it should
work.

So dropping a ref twice due to that would indeed be a bug, but one in
drm_crtc.c. I have to admit that I don't see it really.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation