15-rc1: radeon modesetting fails

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Wed Apr 16 03:07:20 PDT 2014

Hi Borislav,

thanks for the logs, those were indeed quite helpful.

Attached are two patches, the first one tries to solve the problem by
increasing the accuracy of the parameters if we don't match exactly and
the second improves the logging of the calculation process by dumping a
bunch of intermediate values used.

Please apply both on top of my drm-fixes-3.15-wip branch you are already
using, if the first one doesn't solve the problem then please provide
new dmesg logs with drm.debug=0xE.

Thanks in advance,
Christian.