3D and then OpenCL on VIA VX800/VX820

Felix Nawothnig felix.nawothnig at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 18:52:15 PDT 2014

Hey...

I know that this sounds crazy, but I'd like to attempt to do it - that
is if it is possible at all. :-)

 From following the Noveau and Gallium development over the last years
(including reading the source code) I have a slight clue how to do
things but basically I'm a newbie to 3D driver development. (I do on the
other hand have solid knowledge of higher level 3D programming, and
solid knowledge of low-level / driver / hardware development).

Still, I'm willing to learn - so...

Tell me if it's possible at all (or maybe if just the first part might
be possible) and give me a very slight hint where to start (obviously
the start would be how to begin the 3D support for VX800/VX820).

And yea. I know this will take ages if I do this by myself - and the
chances to succeed are slim...

But everyone needs a hobby. ;-)

And I love the idea of supporting OpenCL on an architecture where the
vendor would probably never ever support it on any OS. :-)

Cheers,
Felix