Implementing the accelerated DRI/DRM driver for a pure 2D graphics card?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Aug 11 21:15:43 PDT 2014

Tom Li <biergaizi2009 at gmail.com> writes:

> So I just stuck at here. Is there a standard way to just let
> userspace/DDX to access the 2D drawing processor by the exported
> interface or DRI/DRM layer?

The Intel UXA driver uses the 2D engine for simple X acceleration
through the kernel DRI/GEM interfaces. The portion of that interface
designed to support accelerated graphics operations is entirely
GPU-specific, so you would design that based on how your card works, and
the resulting 2D driver would be chipset specific as well, using the
custom kernel interfaces you create.

keith.packard at intel.com