Fence, timeline and android sync points

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Thu Aug 14 04:53:47 PDT 2014

> But because of driver differences I can't implement it as a straight wait queue. Some drivers may not have a reliable interrupt, so they need a custom wait function. (qxl)
> Some may need to do extra flushing to get fences signaled (vmwgfx), others need some locking to protect against gpu lockup races (radeon, i915??).  And nouveau
> doesn't use wait queues, but rolls its own (nouveau).
But when all those drivers need a special wait function how can you
still justify the common callback when a fence is signaled?

If I understood it right the use case for this was waiting for any fence
of a list of fences from multiple drivers, but if each driver needs
special handling how for it's wait how can that work reliable?

Christian.