No subject

Christian König deathsimple at
Sun Aug 24 06:14:24 PDT 2014

Hello everyone,

the following patches add UVD support for older ASICs (RV6xx, RS[78]80, RV7[79]0). For everybody wanting to test it I've also uploaded a branch to FDO:

Additionally to the patches you need UVD firmware as well, which can be found at the usual location:

A small Mesa patch is needed as well, cause the older hardware doesn't support field based output of video frames. So unfortunately VDPAU/OpenGL interop won't work either.

We can only provide best effort support for those older ASICs, but at least on my RS[78]80 based laptop it seems to work perfectly fine.

Happy testing,