[attention: drm submaintainers] merge window for features to drm-next

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 16:13:49 PDT 2014

Okay, I've thought about this a lot lately, and I've been been getting
too lax on when I merge stuff to drm-next and I think people are
taking advantage of my good nature :-P

So we are going to try something new this cycle, I'm going to use -rc5
of the current kernel as the cut off for major feature merges to the
-next. That means that subsystem maintainers should have their -next
trees to me by -rc5, with allowances with advance warnings up to -rc6,
i.e. maintainer on holidays etc.

I realise this might make 3.18 a rather smaller kernel from a drm
perspective but that could be a good thing,

So its -rc2 now, you have 3 weeks to merge features and get them to
me. If they aren't ready they get to wait for 2-3 months.

Dave.