Removal of 'synth_clock' and 'clock_index' in kernel 3.13

Thomas Pietrowski thopiekar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 09:49:13 PST 2014

Hello mailing-list members,

I'm currently working on getting Intel EMGD drivers working on Ubuntu.
Thanks to all of you working for yoctoproject for providing patches
for the drm kernel module.
Well, my problem is also based on it. I tried to build it against
kernel 3.13 and got a error message about variables which are not
found. As I googled about that I found out that these are now removed
from drm. So which variables are now a replacement for 'synth_clock'
and 'clock_index'?

Kernel 3.13 will be released with Ubuntu 3.13 which is currently in
development state. I would be thankful if you could help me getting it
work till the next release :)

The details:
https://github.com/EMGD-Community/intel-binaries-linux/issues/1
The source (based on yocto-kernel-3.10 - branch: emgd-1.18):
https://github.com/EMGD-Community/intel-binaries-linux/tree/master/drm

Regards,
Thomas-Karl Pietrowski