Adding set_blob ioctl to DRM

Rahul Sharma r.sh.open at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 10:55:50 PST 2014

Hi All,

I am working on enabling a Color Enhancement block for primary display
for Exynos SoC. I need to
set a bunch of parameters like Color Conversion matrix, Contrast
Improvement parameters etc ~ 30 parameters from User Space.

I am planning to use KDS blob property to receive these parameters.
Currently drivers are not allowed to create a blob property inside
drm. Neither, user space can set the blob. There is no ioctl provided
for same.

How about adding set_blob ioctl in DRM? It seems purposely dropped
till now. Please help me
in understanding explains the rationale.

What alternatives do I have inside drm to set multiple parameters
otherwise? (other than Exynos specific ioctls)

Please guide me.

Regards,
Rahul Sharma.