[GIT PULL] TDA998x I2C updates

Russell King rmk at arm.linux.org.uk
Fri Feb 21 07:22:40 PST 2014

David,

Please incorporate the latest TDA998x I2C updates, which can be found at:

  git://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/linux-cubox.git tda998x-devel

with SHA1 5e7fe2fef4347d7a09bb15588d8bbe3cb83b6ed4.

Updates from Jean-Fracois for the TDA998x driver, which are on top of
the fixes you have previously pulled, except these changes aren't
intended for -rc, but the next merge window.

Several of these are issues of correctness - passing more correct HDMI
info packets, not reading registers in older chips documented as write
only (despite appearing to be read/write in later chips).  Others are
code cleanups (using definitions rather than constants where we have
them already in the kernel).

Additional functionality is also added by way of optional support for
the IRQ from the TDA998x, which allows us to avoid busy-waiting for
the EDID reads.

This will update the following files:

 .../devicetree/bindings/drm/i2c/tda998x.txt        |  27 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/i2c/tda998x_drv.c                  | 602 +++++++++++++--------
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/drm/i2c/tda998x.txt

through these changes:

Jean-Francois Moine (17):
      drm/i2c: tda998x: use HDMI constants
      drm/i2c: tda998x: add the active aspect in HDMI AVI frame
      drm/i2c: tda998x: use ALSA IEC958 definitions and update audio frequency
      drm/i2c: tda998x: simplify the i2c read/write functions
      drm/i2c: tda998x: check more I/O errors
      drm/i2c: tda998x: code cleanup
      drm/i2c: tda998x: change probe message origin
      drm/i2c: tda998x: don't freeze the system at audio startup time
      drm/i2c: tda998x: don't read write-only registers
      drm/i2c: tda998x: add DT support
      drm/i2c: tda998x: add DT documentation
      drm/i2c: tda998x: always enable EDID read IRQ
      drm/i2c: tda998x: use irq for connection status and EDID read
      drm/i2c: tda998x: make the audio code more readable
      drm/i2c: tda998x: remove the unused variable ca_i2s
      drm/i2c: tda998x: code optimization
      drm/i2c: tda998x: adjust the audio clock divider for S/PDIF

Russell King (2):
      drm/i2c: tda998x: clean up error chip version checking
      drm/i2c: tda998x: always use the same device for all kernel messages

Thanks.